Monday, September 2, 2013

Don't Worry - Pray!

Scripture - Philippians 4:6,7 Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Observation - God shares with us some secrets to overcome stress in this passage. He tells us not to worry. He tells us to replace worry with prayer. He also tells us to be thankful. We can take the things that concern us to the Lord in prayer. That in itself will lift a load of stress and worry off our shoulders and place it on the Lord's. His shoulders are much better equiped to handle the load. This scripture also tells us that God's peace will keep our minds and hearts in Christ Jesus.

Application - I choose to pray instead of worrying. I choose to be thankful. I will trust the Lord to give me His peace.

Prayer - Father, you know my needs better than I do. I ask you Lord to meet my needs. I will remember to praise you in everything, even when I don't feel like it. Amen

If you like my blogs, please follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment