Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Pharisee and the Sinner Who Met Yeshua (Salvation)

Scripture - Luke 7:36-38 And one of the Pharisees asked him (Yeshua) to eat with him. And He went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat. 37 And see, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Yeshua sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of perfume. 38 and standing behind, at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and wipig them with the hair of her head, and was kissing His feet and anointing them with perfume.

Observation - I was overcome with emotion as I read Luke 7, but these three versus speak very loudly to me. The Pharisee was walking out religion in his life. He invited Yeshua for a meal (maybe even just to pick his brain and see what he was made of, possibly to try and trip him up philosophically). The woman it seems just kind of showed up. She heard that Yeshua was there, and she couldn't stay away. There was a drawing from Yah and she had to be there. She was a sinner and she needed a savior. When she entered his presence, she was undone. This was a supernatural experience. She wept and washed Yeshua's feet with her tears, using her hair to wipe them. She kissed his feet and anointed them with perfume. Her life was changed forever after being in His very presence. Scripture goes on to say in the next verses how those who are redeemed from a life of deep sin, show greater love than those who haven't walked that path.

Application - As a person who was in deep sin before I met Yeshua (Jesus), I have somewhat of an understanding of this love. He saved me and brought me out of a deep pit, and I am eternally grateful. May my life be seen as an example of one who loves him deeply.

Prayer - Father, thank you for the day that I saw your son, Yeshua, for who he was - my salvation. His very name, Yeshua, means "salvation." Let me love you without reservation and not be afraid of what others may think. It is my relationship with you that matters more than anything. I am eternally grateful for all that you have done for me. In Yeshua's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment