Wednesday, September 11, 2013

His Wisdom

Scripture - James 1:5-8  

If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of [a]the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind.
For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord,
[For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides].

Observation - I have seen these scriptures quoted so many times (especially verse 6) by those who are in the faith movement. It is imperative that scripture is taken in context. Friends, this portion of scripture is specifically speaking of those who lack wisdom and need the Lord to show them his will. We have behaved like children wanting our own way in life. There are those who use this scripture (and quote it over and over again) for personal monetary gain. I am not seeing it. 
So, with that in mind, if you need wisdom - HAVE FAITH IN GOD. Ask him to show you and believe that HE WILL. Do not be double minded when you ask. He will give it to you.

Application - So many times in my life, I need his wisdom and don't even go to him to ask for it. Decisions that I make are without his leading. I do not want to be wavering in my faith when I ask him for wisdom. His wisdom is needed in my life every day. So many decisions that are made and oh how I need his wisdom. May I be diligent to seek him, his will and his purpose for my life.

Prayer - Father, I pray in faith for your wisdom today. You are the God who loves me. You will give us your heart if only we ask you for it. This day before me is a new day. A day to "do it right" for your glory. Please help me to be mindful to come to you and ask you in faith for your wisdom in every situation that should arise. In Yeshua's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment