Monday, September 9, 2013

Having a Servant Heart and Knowing Trials Will Come

Scripture - James 1:1-4 From James, as servant of God and of the Lord Yeshua. to God's faithful people who have been scattered. My brothers and sisters, be very happy when you are tested in different ways. You know that such testing of your faith produces endurance. Endure until your testing is over. Then you will be mature and complete, and you won't need anything.

Observation - I found this scripture most touching this morning. James, even though he was the brother of Yeshua, calls himself his servant. James could have been puffed up just knowing that his brother was the Son of Yahweh, but he took on servitude.

Also, any time of testing we find ourselves in are to help us become mature. And please remember - THE TIME OF TESTING WILL END!

Application - When James said he was a servant of God and Yeshua, that meant his life no longer was his own. We must get to this point of total surrender and realize it is God who calls the shots in our lives. When I am being tested, it is so that the very character of God will be formed in me.

Prayer - Father, I pray that you will help me to be your servant to further your kingdom. I will trust you to bring trials into my life that produce mature fruit, so that others around me will see your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment