Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Serve God not Wealth

Scripture - James 1:9-11 A believer who doesn't amount to much in this world should be glad, for he is great in the Lord's sight. But a rich man should be glad that his riches mean nothing to the Lord, for he will soon be gone, like a flower that has lost its beauty and fades away withered - killed by the scorching summer sun. So it is with rich men. They will soon die and leave behind all their busy activities.

Observation - The worldly riches that meany people set their sites on amount to nothing in God's eyes. It is better to live a modest life on this earth and be happy and keep your focus on God. I love the analogy of the flower and the scorching sun. We live in the desert in Southern California, and once the sun beats down on the plants for a few weeks, they wither. So it is with the rich. All looks so good, but when death comes, they are no more in their place on this earth.

Application - I will not seek worldly wealth, but will set my sight on the goodness of the Lord. The riches of this world are irrelevant as this world is not my home.

Prayer - Father, please help me to prioritize my life and be content with loving and knowing you and loving others. Give me your heart. In Yeshua's name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment