Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Light Came Into the World

Scripture - John 3:19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Observation - Those who walk in the darkness of their evil ways do not want to walk in the Lord's light for fear of their deeds being exposed. That is judgment. The light is shining, but people choose darkness.

Application - As believers, we must walk in the light. Jesus is the light. His sacrifice is sufficient for my salvation. His Hebrew name "Yeshua" means "salvation." As a believer, I must choose to continue to walk in the light, not in the darkness of evil.

Prayer - Lord, help me to be a person who radiates your light. Help me to search my life and see if there is darkness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment